Google's Pixel 2 could be the next major smartphone to ditch the headphone jack
Google's upcoming Pixel 2 smartphones might not come with a headphone jack if the latest unofficial render of the device is accurate.
Indeed, it just so happens that the latest render, made by tech site MySmartPrice.com, was a collaboration with one of the most prolific and accurate gadget leakers, Steve Hemmerstoffer, who's better known on Twitter as @onleaks. That's a powerful backup behind the rumor that the Pixel 2 smartphones won't come with a headphone jack.You can check out the render below:
Otherwise, for those who want to hang on to their wired headphones, you might have to use a dongle like you do with the iPhone 7.
The render also seemingly confirms that the larger Pixel 2 XL will have a more premium design with thinner borders around the display than the original Pixel, as well as a refined glass back plate on the back of both models. From the renders, it looks like the Pixel 2 will be thick enough to accommodate a headphone jack.Still, no matter how prolific the gadgets leaker, any information pertaining to an unreleased device should be considered rumor and not fact. Get the latest Google stock price here.
- K'taka to adopt decentralised models for vaccine delivery
- Thackeray seeks 'national vaccine distribution policy'
- Respite for slum dwellers along Delhi railway tracks as Centre tells SC that no coercive steps will be taken against them
- Farmers threaten to block highways after Haryana issues order to seal borders with Punjab for two days
- Telangana ready to administer Covid vaccine: KCR to PM