HP plans to cut ANOTHER 25,000-30,000 jobs
Tim Stonecipher says that another 25,000 to 30,000 people will leave HP Enterprise.
Stonecipher mentioned this on Tuesday during HP's analyst day.
These cuts will be focused on HP's Enterprise Services division, the consulting arm of the company, he indicated. HP ES has been the unit taking the brunt of HP huge multi-year layoff.
HP has so far let go over 51,000 people and last month Whitman and CFO Cathie Lesjak said that HP would layoff another 5%. HP will take a charge of about $2.7 billion related to the restructuring, executives said at an analyst meeting Tuesday.
HP CEO Meg Whitman has also been saying that HP will likely need to trim jobs when the companies spin off.
More to come ...
- Goa partners with World Bank to tackle sea level rise, coastal erosion and other climate change-related hazards
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Ring with health-tracking features at MWC
- Govt may look at enhanced KYC requirements for certain class of corporates
- Sebi cautions investors against fraudulent trading platforms offering stock mkt access via FPI route
- Fuel your weight gain journey with these 7 drinks