Here are the ages you peak at everything throughout life
Aging can seem like a scary prospect, but a wealth of scientific studies have found youth isn't all it's cracked up to be. There are plenty of cases in which human beings peak well into middle- and old-age.
Teenagers, for instance, may have vitality on their side, but older people are generally more psychologically stable. And so it goes with a number of phenomena people experience as they age.
Skye Gould/Business Insider
Many of the above points mark the middle of an age range that scientists have identified, which means they are all determined by averages. Some are also surveys, not controlled trials, so there is a possibility the self-reports don't capture the most accurate picture.
But in many cases, the numbers keep cropping up for a reason, which is that life isn't a downhill slide from youth.
Here's what you have to look forward to.
Meghan Bartels contributed to an earlier version of this article.
- Gautam Adani, the man who may soon be Asia's richest person, is a college dropout who survived the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks and says he was once kidnapped for ransom
- EY is offering scholarships to Indian college students worth ₹1 lakh with two months’ internship opportunity
- A man had severe, day-long migraines for 12 years and nothing worked. His doctors say they vanished after they prescribed leafy greens and cutting out red meat.
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days
- Over a million Ethereum tokens have been burned since the big upgrade, but transaction costs are still a pain point for the network
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- McDonalds India launches a contemporary rendition and continuation story of memorable campaign ‘Hum dono boyfriend-girlfriend hai kya’
- India to resume scheduled international flights from December 15, says Aviation Ministry