Here's The Chart Of The US Infrastructure Spending Collapse That Everyone Is Talking About
Well, there it is, the collapse in infrastructure spending that everyone is talking about. It's from BSA Research
The key thing, as Yves notes, is that the chart includes state and local infrastructure spending, which explains why they were was such a furious collapse right after the bust, as state and local governments furiously slashed spending.The tragedy of course is that with inflation non-existent and a huge surplus of excess labor, this would have made an incredibly good time to spend like crazy on infrastructure, fixing everything and putting people to work.
But there wasn't the political will at the Federal Government (which had the capability to do it), and we've wasted all these years.
- Long-lasting laptops with durable build quality
- Sensex has hit a new record but it's not clear if it will trek higher
- The rise in global crude oil prices may make India's April-June exports data look really good
- Baba Ramdev and Patanjali-owned Ruchi Soya wants to raise money from the market again
- Best office chairs for working from home