Here's how Li Ka-shing became the richest man in Hong Kong
no longer be the richest man in Asia, but with a current estimated net worth at $20.1 billion, his wealth is still nothing to sneeze at.
Li Ka-shing has an incredible rags-to-riches story. He was forced to drop out of school as a child to support his family, but today, he is one of the world's richest men. He opened his first factory at the age of 22 and within a few years saw great success as a manufacturer, property developer, business magnate, and investor.
He's now become a major investor in disruptive technology. He was one of the first big investors in Facebook, and his most recent big acquisition was the British telecom company, O2, which he purchased at the end of March for $15 billion.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry
- Best budget headphone for work from home in India