Here's how much paid leave new mothers and fathers get in 11 different countries
NEW YORK CITY - The Trump administration earlier this year included a plan for paid parental leave in its 2018 budget proposal, with a stated goal of offering eligible workers six weeks of leave.The proposal was a landmark: The US is one of eight the UN's 193-member states that do not already have a national program for paid parental leave. Questions remain whether the proposal will ever make it into policy, but its inclusion highlights a national and international conversation about paid leave.
Here's what parental leave is like in 11 countries.
- Covid-19 test mandatory for guests attending Varun Dhawan's wedding
- First confirmed case of COVID-19 in pet reported in South Korea
- All iPhone 13 models to come with sensor-shift camera stabilisation, says report
- Realty sector seeks sops in upcoming Union budget
- NITMA urges to raise custom duty on man-made yarns by 10% in upcoming Union Budget