Here's how much time people spend on Facebook per day
That accounts for nearly 20% of all time online.
"If time is money, then the Facebook.com site represents the most valuable Internet property on the web today," Needham analysts write in their research note.
Although 20+ minutes is the global average, people in the US spend much more time than that, according to Facebook's internal numbers.
In Facebook's Q2 earnings last year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that the average US consumer spends 40 minutes on Facebook per day.
It will be interesting to see whether the company gives any update on that stat when it announces its earnings at the end of the month: Needham thinks that people are experiencing "Facebook fatigue."
About 30% of the US respondents in its proprietary survey said they were using Facebook less today than one year ago.
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts