Here's how much time people spend on Facebook per day
That accounts for nearly 20% of all time online.
"If time is money, then the Facebook.com site represents the most valuable Internet property on the web today," Needham analysts write in their research note.
Although 20+ minutes is the global average, people in the US spend much more time than that, according to Facebook's internal numbers.
In Facebook's Q2 earnings last year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that the average US consumer spends 40 minutes on Facebook per day.
It will be interesting to see whether the company gives any update on that stat when it announces its earnings at the end of the month: Needham thinks that people are experiencing "Facebook fatigue."
About 30% of the US respondents in its proprietary survey said they were using Facebook less today than one year ago.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Microsoft President Brad Smith reportedly told Bill Gates more than a decade ago to stop emailing female employees
- Kunal Shah’s CRED doubles its valuation to $4 billion in less than six months
- Apple MacBook Pro and AirPods 3 launched – Indian pricing, features and everything you need to know
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- IRCTC crosses ₹1 lakh crore in market cap for the first time as investors adore its monopoly
- Crypto markets restless as Bitcoin ETF gears up to meet the NYSE tonight