Here's what Forrest Gump's investment in Apple would be worth today
Regardless of exactly when the investment was made, Apple would not go public for another four years, and so trying to nail down a stock price or valuation of Bubba-Gump Shrimp's investment in the computer company is very difficult.To make our lives easier, we considered what the price return on a $10,000 investment in Apple at the time of the company's IPO on December 12, 1980 would have been in the long run for Forrest and friends.It would actually take some time for the Apple investment to mature to the point where Forrest "don't have to worry about money no more." The stock's price hovered at or below the IPO value for a couple years. It would double in value for a brief time by May 1983, before stagnating throughout most of the rest of the 1980s.
On the July 6, 1994 release date for "Forrest Gump", Forrest and Lt. Dan's hypothetical $10,000 investment would have been worth $18,173.
The stock didn't really take off until Apple's successes in the 2000s and beyond.But if Forrest were still holding onto his Apple investment today, it would be worth over $2,500,000.
Business Insider/Andy Kiersz, data from Google Finance
- Best car chargers with fast charging in India
- Best cycle helmets for adults in India for 2021
- Best PC gaming headphones with a good mic in India
- Best kitchen trolleys in India
- Windows 11 is getting Android apps – you will soon be able to natively run PUBG Mobile and other popular Android apps and games