Honeymoon Period Over For Central Government Employees! They’d Now Be Reporting On Time, Everyday
In a bid to ensure improved work culture in
By introducing biometric attendance compulsory in offices, we hope that government offices would be transformed for the better. The office-office scenario would change: officers would report on time, will delegate work on time and thus, save common man from the inconveniences he faces while he visits there (government offices) to get his work done.
Believed to be modelled on the lines of Jharkhand government and the Department of Electronics and Information Technology website, attendance.gov.in currently monitors 148 government organisations and serves as a centralised database for all central government employees.
The website homepage depicts the number of organisations covered under
Additionally, the dashboard consists of graphical representations of “real-time attendance” and statistics on the percentage of people logging into office during different time slots, giving an idea of how many officials come to office during the designated timings.
This level of open tracking takes transparency to another level, a key focus of the government at the Centre. Many twitter users have welcomed the step taken by the
Popular on BI
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite 5G and Nord Buds 2 to launch on April 4 – Here’s all you need to know
- Amazon Convertible Fest sale – Best deals on convertible ACs and refrigerators
- Govt intervention critical to remove green financing barriers, IPCC report stresses as we move towards 3.5°C warming
- BYJU's set to raise $250 million, at a lower valuation
- Piramal Realty inks deal with Jio-bp to install EV charging stations at its properties