Hong Kong has the world's longest escalator system, and thousands take it to work every day
One of the first things you notice when visiting Hong Kong is its hilliness. Then you notice the escalators running up those hills.The city is home to the longest outdoor escalator system in the world - the Central to Mid Levels Escalator system. The escalator system was built in 1993 as a solution to the massive traffic congestion in the city. Advertisement
Even though it's received some criticism because of its high cost and inefficiency, it still stands today as one of Hong Kong's landmarks.
Take a look inside.
- India's Daman and Diu remains coronavirus-free thanks to its 'Corona Warriors'
- Apple Watch ECG feature coming to Japan and Brazil
- India-China border dispute to be resolved through talks, says MEA
- Six more people die of coronavirus in Pune with 342 fresh cases
- Bihar's Darbhanga, Samastipur, and others register 233 new coronavirus cases with the state's overall tally rising to 4.831