Hong Kong has the world's longest escalator system, and thousands take it to work every day
One of the first things you notice when visiting Hong Kong is its hilliness. Then you notice the escalators running up those hills.
The city is home to the longest outdoor escalator system in the world - the Central to Mid Levels Escalator system. The escalator system was built in 1993 as a solution to the massive traffic congestion in the city.
Even though it's received some criticism because of its high cost and inefficiency, it still stands today as one of Hong Kong's landmarks.
Take a look inside.
- EPFO invested Rs 27,105 crore in exchange trade funds in Apr-Oct: Labour Min
- Cocktails to prasads: What Indians wanted to cook and brew in 2023
- Kiara Advani to David Beckham, the most searched people in India in 2023
- Kashmir to Switzerland and more – India’s 10 most searched travel destinations in 2023
- Five common symptoms of Stomach Cancer