How An 11-Year-Old Convinced Abraham Lincoln To Grow A Beard
Bedell said in her letter that Lincoln may be more attractive to ladies if he had a beard:"I have got 4 brothers and part of them will vote for you any way and if you let your whiskers grow I will try and get the rest of them to vote for you. you would look a great deal better for your face is so thin. All the ladies like whiskers and they would tease their husbands to vote for you and then you would be President."
His response, according to records in the Library of Congress:"As to the whiskers, having never worn any, do you not think people would call it a piece of silly affectation if I were to begin it now?"
Although Lincoln seemed unsure of Bedell's advice initially, he eventually orchestrated a meeting with her after he was elected and told her he had taken her advice.There are more portraits of Lincoln's face in existence than any other face in the world, according to the Times. Lincoln looked pretty different without facial hair:
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings
- Poaching doubled during the lockdown in India due to the 'three F's', and these are the animals most under threat
- Android 12 Developer Preview 3: All the upcoming user-facing features revealed
- These are the hottest fintech and crypto jobs in India right now