Huawei might bring 5G to India next year
"4G and 4G evolution is what is getting them [telcos] revenue today and for future they need to prepare for 5G. We have also been doing some technology and solution workshop with them to guide them how to evolve their network and prepare for 5G...5G will happen in line with the global timeline,"
He added that some services powered by 5G are already being introduced to market through LTE-A technology.
Complimentary Tech Event
Transform talent with learning that works
Capability development is critical for businesses who want to push the envelope of innovation.Discover how business leaders are strategizing around building talent capabilities and empowering employee transformation.Know More
"Once we have agreements with the stakeholders to do some trials in India, I think maybe next year we can see some trials happening," he said, adding that there has been no time fixed for pre-standard trials and that they can happen anytime.
The Indian government too has begun working from its end to introduce 5G technology in the country. Recently, the
Popular on BI
- Sensex, Nifty slip for second day; FMCG, IT stocks drag
- Air India puts together 'huge financing deal' for new fleet: CEO
- Marine species including whales and dolphins under significant threat from noise pollution
- ITR filing: Your guide to Form 26AS and why you should check for TDS discrepancies
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Mount Abu