Not paying taxes? I-T department will block your PAN and LPG subsidies
AdvertisementThe Income Tax department has come up with several measures to keep an eye on tax defaulters and control their illicit activities. As per reports, these measures involve "blocking" the Permanent Account Numbers (PAN) of such entities, while also getting their LPG subsidies cancelled so that they do not stand eligible for further loans.
These measures will be undertaken this financial year itself, so that the threat of tax avoidance can be tackled with.
The PANs will be blocked in such a way "that these defaulters are not sanctioned any loans or overdraft facility by public sector banks, as the same is bound to become non-performing assets," says the strategy paper prepared by the taxmen.
"Ministry of Finance can be suggested to withdraw facility like LPG subsidy which is directly credited to the bank accounts of the said defaulters," it added.
The department has also proposed to reveal the identities of these
Popular on BI
- Top 10 Weekend Getaways from Jaipur
- Keep your cholesterol in check: skip these 10 foods for a healthy heart
- SpiceJet settles ₹250 crore dispute with aircraft lessor Celestial Aviation
- Dailyhunt in talks to acquire microblogging platform Koo says media report
- Crashing a spacecraft into an asteroid may have changed its shape in addition to its trajectory, NASA scientists find