ICICI’s Chanda Kochhar gets ‘Woodrow Wilson Award’, becomes first Indian woman to receive it. Here’s how she is nailing it in the finance world
She is the first Indian woman to receive the award, which has been received by former Indian President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam and Infosys founder Narayana Murthy.
The award was conferred for demonstrating a commitment to the common good - beyond the bottom line.
This is not the first time when Kochhar has received a prestigious award. Time and again, her efforts have been recognised for her role in shaping the retail banking sector in India as well as her contributions to various forums in India and globally.
Kochhar received an honorary Doctor of Laws from Carleton University, Canada in 2014. She was conferred with the Padma Bhushan in 2011.
Kochhar, who began her career with erstwhile ICICI Limited in 1984, was elevated as Managing Director & CEO of ICICI Bank in 2009. She was instrumental in establishing ICICI Bank during the 1990s, and subsequently headed the infrastructure finance and corporate banking business in ICICI Limited.
During 2006-2007, she led the bank’s corporate and international banking businesses. She also chairs the boards of the ICICI Bank’s principal subsidiaries, which include India’s leading private sector life and general insurance companies.
Here’s a list of her accolades
1. Fortune list:
2. Forbes List:
3. One of most powerful women:
4. Top businesswoman:
5. One of India’s highest civilian awards:
Popular on BI
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World