IIT Delhi will mentor women entrepreneurs for three months
AdvertisementCountry’s premier educational institute,
Explaining the focus on women, V
Dr Rao added that due to several social constraints, many girls did not get admission into IITs. "It is because of this that we will work with several government agencies to incubate and nurture ideas to compensate for the poor presence of women on the campus," he said. "We want to remove this exclusivity of IIT and make it more inclusive."
Pointing out that women contributed only 17% to the GDP because of their absence from the workforce,
NITI Ayog chief believes that the women start-ups nurtured by IIT would bring about a discernible change in the business ecosystem, especially in north India. WEE has been divided into two groups: an entry-level ideas group engaged with start-up ideas, funding and mentoring from IIT and an accelerators' business model.
Popular on BI
- Nifty, Sensex trade flat after early gains
- Yatra Online stock slips below its issue price on listing
- Prunes: Nature's sweet secret to wellness
- A good season ahead for cement companies with price hikes
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights