If you shopped at these 7 stores in the last year, your data might have been stolen
- At least 10 retailers were hacked and likely had information stolen from them since January 2017.
- Many of these were caused by flaws in payment systems taken advantage of by hackers.
If knowledge is power, the American consumer loses it by the day.
At least ten separate security breaches occurred from January 2017 till now. Many of them were caused by flaws in payment systems, either online or in stores.Data breaches are on the rise in both retailers and other businesses. According to Business Insider Intelligence, data breaches are a real danger for both brands and customers, and can affect retailer's trust in brands.
According to a study by KPMG, 19% consumers would completely stop shopping at a retailer after a breach, and 33% would take a break from shopping there for a extended period.
- Credit Card Industry and Market
- Mobile Payment Technologies
- Mobile Payments Industry
- Mobile Payment Market, Trends and Adoption
- Credit Card Processing Industry
- List of Credit Card Processing Companies
- List of Credit Card Processing Networks
- List of Payment Gateway Providers
- M-Commerce: Mobile Shopping Trends
- E-Commerce Payment Technologies and Trends