Infosys CEO Vishal Sikka rakes in $7.45 million in salary this year
Sikka's salary, which compared favorably against other top IT CEOs such as N Chandrasekaran of TCS and Abidali Neemuchwala of Wipro, includes his earnings from incentives and and bonuses as well as his stock options.
Earlier in 2016, Infosys's board rewarded Sikka with a significant pay hike and an extension on his current tenure, after he effected a turnaround in the fortunes of Infosys that helped the company trump other top rivals and deliver industry-level growth rates after years.
As part of the new proposed compensation structure, Sikka stands to make about $11 million every year, starting January 2017. Infosys has rewarded with a significantly higher component of stock options and reduced the part of his salary that was linked to variable pay. As part of his old contract, Sikka made $7.08 million, including stock options.
Since last year, Infosys has raised
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow