I've interviewed millionaires all over the world, and building wealth has a lot less to do with money than you think
Dan Kitwood/Getty Images
- Money isn't the only thing millionaires focus on to get and stay rich.
- Author Steve Siebold has interviewed more than 1,200 of the world's wealthiest people over the last 34 years and wrote two books revealing how they achieved success.
- Siebold says there are 10 things rich people put their energy into that help them find their success - including learning, courage, and results.
When most people talk about acquiring wealth, money is usually the main focus of the conversation. How can I save more money? How can I spend less money? How can I better manage the money I have? While all of these things are certainly important points for consideration, the truth is that becoming rich has a lot less to do with money than most people realize.
I've interviewed millionaires all over the world, and what you might be surprised to know is that most of them aren't as money focused as you would expect. Sure, it's important and they think about it, but when it comes to the success they've had, they talk more about things like mindset, attitude, vision, belief, self-growth, confidence and continued learning. The bottom line: getting rich is not all about money.
More specifically, here are 10 things self-made millionaires focus their energy on that makes them successful:
They are visionary
They compartmentalize their emotions
They simplify everything
They associate with winners
They develop courage
They become a learning machine
They are at peace with themselves
They focus on results
They are congruent
They are curious
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes