J.Crew's website is crashing as customers try to shop Black Friday deals
- J.Crew's website has crashed during Black Friday sales shopping.
- Customers are complaining on Twitter that they are unable to add items to their carts online.
- J.Crew issued an apology on Twitter, saying that the technical difficulties are due to high demand.
A broken website on one of the biggest shopping days of the year is any retailer's worst nightmare, and unfortunately for J.Crew, it's just come true.
Irate customers have taken to social media to complain that they are unable to complete orders while shopping at J.Crew.com.
Some say they are able to browse but unable to add items to their cart. Others say they can add items but can't pay for them, and are finding themselves losing all the items in their basket.
"Can't log in, then the shopping bag purges itself," one shopper wrote on Twitter early Friday morning.
Several customers have messaged complaints to J.Crew's helpdesk on Twitter:
The problems stretch back to late on Thanksgiving evening:
In response, J.Crew posted a message on its Twitter page apologizing for the technical difficulties, saying they are due to high demand. A spokesperson did not respond to Business Insider's request for comment on when shoppers will see the website up and running properly again.
J.Crew is among retailers such as Lululemon, Walmart, and Ulta who have experienced problems with their websites crashing as Black Friday sales are in full swing.
Experts say these problems are likely due to stores not having the sufficient infrastructure to handle increased traffic online.
"If you have not load tested your site at five times normal traffic volumes, your site will probably fail," Bob Buffone, chief technology officer at web-optimization software company Yottaa, told Business Insider's Kate Taylor on Thursday.
According to Adobe Analytics, online shopping is booming this Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Online sales were up 28% on Thanksgiving Day this year and are on track to hit over $6.4 billion on Black Friday.
More on Black Friday 2018:
- Thanksgiving is killing Black Friday by replacing it
- Black Friday deals sold out at stores like Walmart and Target before Friday even began - and people are furious
- Macy's, Best Buy, Kohl's, and JCPenney are being slammed for being open on Thanksgiving - and some people are threatening not to shop with them this holiday season
- Walmart says it's offering thousands more deals than last year on Cyber Monday in a direct shot at Amazon's most valuable day
- Walmart shoppers are complaining that stores are running out of iPhones as Black Friday sales begin
@Jcrew_help every time I go to checkout, having logged in and put several things in my basket, it states the basket is empty. what gives?!- Swine and Wine (@SwineAndWine) November 23, 2018
@jcrew_help Hey there. I'm shopping and when I go to checkout the message says my cart is empty. I tried a few times.- Cole Harmonson (@coleharmonson) November 23, 2018
@jcrew_help I cannot place my order! Keep clicking on the button and i am sent back to the review page again- RaghavT (@RaghavT2) November 23, 2018
@jcrew_help can't sign up to the website. doesn't work. tried 10 times- Eddie Kuhn (@EdUncensored) November 23, 2018
Happy Black Friday! Due to high demand, we're experiencing some technical difficulties with our site right now. Apologies to anyone having a problem…we're working to fix it ASAP!- J.Crew (@jcrew) November 23, 2018
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed 1.79 times on day 1
- As Sensex, Nifty50 hit record highs, this is what experts are advising investors
- FM concludes week-long consultation meetings for Budget 2023-24
- WhatsApp data of 500 million users might be on sale says Mashable India
- Traders' body seeks printing of Indian Nutrition rating on food packets
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Germany Visa
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- Bank Loan
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World