JPMorgan Chase launched an online bank for millennials called Finn, and I prefer it to the real thing
- JPMorgan recently rolled out a mobile bank aimed at young millennials who don't need branches.
- I tried it and I definitely like it more than my traditional Chase account.
- But there's also some weird things about it.
Finn, a mobile bank built by Chase, recently rolled out nationwide. And I gave it a try.
In addition to offering bread-and-butter checking and savings account functionality, it also offers services many firms in the personal finance startup space have built their businesses around. These include automatic saving tools and charts to see where you are spending money.
The point of the app is to help Chase expand in regions where it doesn't have branches by luring folks who don't need to use branch-related services.
Personally, I think the app is a better experience than my traditional Chase mobile bank, since it more easily allows you to send checks from the app, save money in an easy and fun way, and keep track of your spending. It's also free. And there's no overdraft fees. But it's not without flaws.
First, the app is pretty ugly. It also has a weird portal that allows you to rate your transactions with emojis, which I think is pointless.
In any case, here's a walk through I put together to share my experience. Enjoy.
Here's what Finn looks like on the iPhone. It's not available on Android yet.
Opening up a new account took a couple minutes since I already have an account with Chase.
There's nothing sexy or attractive about this app.
Here's what the checking account portal looks like when you click on it.
The app helps you keep track of where your money is going.
There are several ways to save money on the app.
Here are some of the rules users can pick from.
Here's what "The Limit Does Not Exist" looks like.
It's easy to move money around.
You can send checks and pay your bills on the app.
I don't know why anyone would ever want to rate their transactions.
There are no branches, but the app does map local ATMs.
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Mumbai
- Reliance Retail receives full subscription amount of Rs 2,069.50 cr from KKR, allots 1.71 cr shares
- As inflation continues to remain high, RBI likely to keep interest rates unchanged
- 10 Beautiful staycation options in Bangalore
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning