Jimmy Kimmel swiftly shut down the entire anti-vaccination community
Then, when the anti-vaxxers lashed out in response, Kimmel took the opportunity to address them again - this time, in a monologue that absolutely shuts them down.
"You probably aren't going to take medical advice from a talk show host," Kimmel proclaimed on his February 27 show, "but I do expect you to take it from...almost every doctor in the world. The thing about doctors is that they didn't learn about the human body from their friends' Facebook pages."
His monologue was met with roaring laughter and applause, and followed up with a video made up of real doctors explaining why they believe in vaccinations.
"There is no reason not to vaccinate your kids," one doctor said, "which is why I can't f***ing believe we have to make this PSA."
The anti-vaxxer tweets started rolling in.
YouTube YouTube YouTube YouTube
Kimmel addressed these tweets and more on his March 2 show, sending his "community activists" out to the street to protest that it should be "a child's right to choose" whether they should be vaccinated or not.
As you can expect, the results of the public mockery were pretty hilarious.
Kimmel capped off the proclamation with a bang: "I am not presenting both sides of the [anti-vaccination] argument just like I wouldn't present the argument that pancakes make you gay. They don't."
Watch the full videos below. The first is from Feburary 27, and the follow-up is from March 2.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Nykaa enters into a JV with Dubai-based fashion retailer Apparel Group
- Axis MF launches a Nasdaq 100 focused Fund of Fund
- RBI directs credit information companies to appoint internal ombudsman
- 5G could be India’s next growth engine, and a successful rollout hinges on telcos, govt policies
- Ambani family has been target of threats over the years
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World