Leaked Slide Shows NSA Celebrated Victory Over Google's Security With A Smiley Face
The first thing that stands out is the drawing accompanying the report.
From a presentation on "Google Cloud Exploitation" leaked by ex-NSA contractor Edward Snowden, the slide shows a seemingly hand-drawn sketch showing how Google attempts to encrypt their data and how the NSA circumvents it.
The Post explains:
In an NSA presentation slide on "Google Cloud Exploitation," however, a sketch shows where the "Public Internet" meets the internal "Google Cloud" where their data resides. In hand-printed letters, the drawing notes that encryption is "added and removed here!" The artist adds a smiley face, a cheeky celebration of victory over Google security.
Two engineers with close ties to Google exploded in profanity when they saw the drawing. "I hope you publish this," one of them said.
More details to come on the report.
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- Sensex, Nifty50 trade in the green amidst volatility: Coal India, Airtel, Maruti Suzuki amongst top losers
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June