Meet the world's 50 richest billionaires in 2017
- We put together a list of the world's richest people, using data from Bloomberg.
- The majority of the billionaires on the list are self-made self-starters who built business empires in tech, finance, fashion, and sports.
- A few of the billionaires inherited stakes in their family's companies.
There's rich. And then there's world's richest people rich.
To make it into the latter group, you need a net worth of at least $19.1 billion.
Using the calculations from the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, we put together a list of the 50 richest people in the world. Bloomberg updates its data at the close of every trading day in New York, and our list is based on the latest data available for November 30. Since Bloomberg News doesn't report on Bloomberg LP, its data doesn't include Michael Bloomberg. We added him in using his estimated net worth from Forbes.
The majority of the billionaires on the list are self-made self-starters who built business empires in tech, finance, fashion, and sports. A few inherited stakes in their family's companies.
From tech tycoons to heiresses, here are the 50 richest people on earth.
- Byju's shareholders vote to remove CEO, family; company calls vote invalid
- Engaging with competent authorities, use only genuine cheese, says McDonald's
- Apple's India revenue up 42% to $8.7 bn in 2023: Morgan Stanley
- Reserve Bank asks NPCI to help continue operations of Paytm app
- Top 10 places to visit in Andhra Pradesh