Microsoft's most advanced AI is doing the morning news weather report on Chinese TV
Xiaoice, the megapopular Microsoft-made chatbot with whom users are literally falling in love, is apparently good enough at her job to do the weather report on a live broadcast of China's Dragon News.
Check it out:
It's a big hit. Microsoft's latest numbers place usage of Xiaoace at around 40 million users, with 25% of those users having said "I love you" to her at one point or another. It's more than a little bit like that movie "Her."It's good enough that Dragon TV has adoped Xiaoice as a "trainee anchor," reports the International Business Times, with plans for her to keep analyzing and presenting the weather. That report also indicates that Xiaoice might soon be smart and emotionally responsive enough to comment intelligently on traditional news stories, too.
Xiaoice was born from Microsoft Research's labs in China, with no plans to come to the U.S. So it'll probably be at least a while before robots read the news on American TV.
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80