Microsoft's most advanced AI is doing the morning news weather report on Chinese TV
Xiaoice, the megapopular Microsoft-made chatbot with whom users are literally falling in love, is apparently good enough at her job to do the weather report on a live broadcast of China's Dragon News.
Check it out:
Xiaoice herself is intended by Microsoft to be an AI that's as personable and easy to talk to as a real live human - a softer, kinder alternative to Apple's Siri and Microsoft's own Cortana. To make that happen, the Xiaoice software reads social media and message boards all day to learn how people actually talk to each other.
It's a big hit. Microsoft's latest numbers place usage of Xiaoace at around 40 million users, with 25% of those users having said "I love you" to her at one point or another. It's more than a little bit like that movie "Her."
Xiaoice was born from Microsoft Research's labs in China, with no plans to come to the U.S. So it'll probably be at least a while before robots read the news on American TV.
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip