Mike Bloomberg: 'Happiness Can Never Buy Money'
But what about the reverse.Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg just wrapped up a panel discussion with macro legend Ray Dalio.
"Last time I checked, there were tons of people who want to work at Goldman Sachs...Come on!" he said.Bloomberg, who made his billions founding his namesake media empire, said making money is never easy. That's not just a Wall Street thing either.
"If you want to get paid, you have to work hard. I'm sorry-that's capitalism."His fellow panelist Dalio added that culture is an important factor to consider when picking a place to work. He went on to say something about how there's no correlation between money and happiness. Bloomberg swooped in: "Just remember: Happiness can never buy money."
The audience laughed.
Bloomberg's point is that any correlation between happiness and money is purely spurious.
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government