No one is talking about the latest game in the blockbuster 'Metal Gear' franchise - but it's actually pretty great
A new "Metal Gear" game launched this week on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It's called "Metal Gear Survive," and it's pretty good!
You're forgiven if this is the first you're hearing. Due to a variety of factors, the game has launched to little fanfare. The marketing push has been nearly non-existent. In short, nothing about this game's arrival feels like your typical, major "Metal Gear" game launch.Advertisement
And that's a shame, because the time I've spent with it so far has been largely positive. It's far from a standard "Metal Gear" game, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Take a look:
If it's not a traditional-style "Metal Gear" game, then what is "Metal Gear Survive"?
Don't get it twisted: This isn't the next main series "Metal Gear Solid" game. "Metal Gear Survive" is a survival game — a spinoff — set in the world of "Metal Gear."Advertisement
Forget about taking down governments: You're just trying to stay alive.
There's still plenty of sneaking, but you're sneaking around zombies instead of soldiers.Advertisement
"Metal Gear Survive" is a budget title that launched at $40 — and that's occasionally evident when playing the game.
After 10 hours with "Metal Gear Survive," I'm excited to play more.Advertisement
"Metal Gear Survive" is out now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It's $40.
- Health Ministry launches portal for info on vaccine, clinical trials
- Elon Musk's SpaceX will launch another 60 Starlink internet satellites into Earth’s orbit tonight
- Farmers protest in India intensify — Kerala MP and Punjab CM to move the Supreme Court, three Punjab BJP leaders resign
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services