PayPal launches two technology Innovation Labs in India
AdvertisementPayPal, the global leader in online payments, today announced the launch of its newest Innovation Labs at the Chennai and
These Innovation Labs will actively support innovation across diverse fields including machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, data science, IoT, penetration testing, software defined radios and wireless communication, VR/AR, computer vision and basic robotics. The facility will also house a diverse range of hardware and gadgets for PayPal employees to experience and tinker. The equipment includes Raspberry Pi with full sensor kit, AlphaBot kit, IoT kit, Amazon Echo, AIY kit, Leap motion, 3D printer as well as
“India is a hotbed for innovation given its evolving startup ecosystem, diverse merchant profiles and enormous talent pool. To cater to their needs in the most effective manner, we are delighted to announce the launch of our newest Innovation Lab in India, where the focus will be on fueling new age technology and giving rise to unconventional ideas with the potential to transform the ecosystem we operate in,” says Mike Todasco, Director of Innovation, PayPal.
With a focus on three core areas – Productivity, Innovation, and Education, these facilities will serve as spaces to build and refine new and advanced technologies and will create a forum for employees to engage and ideate across a spectrum of themes.
These labs will also be integrated with some of PayPal’s on-going initiatives such as the PayPal Incubator, launched in 2013, with the objective of developing and nurturing the next generation of fintech startups.
Popular on BI
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know