Railway Ministry Joins Facebook, Twitter
The Railway Ministry joined Twitter and launched its Facebook page on the eve of Rail Budget. Apart from Facebook and Twitter, the ministry will also have its presence on YouTube.
Tomorrow we are going to present the Rail Budget. As soon as the budget is presented, all information will appear on Twitter and Facebook," Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda said. He said it would help the ministry in reaching out to the people.
Gowda said it was Prime Minister Narendra Modi's idea that each and every person should be IT-enabled. Railways will also launch a new number - 022-4501555 - on Tuesday where people can dial in and hear the Budget.
139 - the railway enquiry number - will also become toll free. The formal announcement on this is likely to be made during the Rail Budget.
Gowda also said, "Whichever the government, whether BJP, Congress or Communist, it has to be a pro-people budget."
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP