Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff sounds like he's not interested in Twitter right now
In an analyst meeting held at Dreamforce on Wednesday, Benioff addressed some of the questions related to Twitter buyout rumors, although he didn't flat out deny anything.
"I think it's a great brand and I just wish Jack [Dorsey] very well...good on his company, that's how I look at it today," Benioff said.
Benioff did imply that he looked into the possibility of a Twitter deal, calling it an "unpolished jewel" at one point - a remark he reportedly has made in private as well, according to the Wall Street Journal.
"We look at everything, and we don't buy most things, and we haven't agreed to buy that company... it's an unpolished jewel," he said.
Benioff also reiterated that Salesforce has a very "disciplined M&A process," that involves the board and the whole management team, stressing that his company's stock went up most of the time after announcing acquisitions in the past.
"We will think through everything, but we would never do a deal that would ever do the kind of things that I've been reading in these emails, OK? I mean the kind of things I've been reading in the emails are so extreme, I'm like, Jesus, do they really think that we would do a deal at that level?" Benioff said, possibly referring to emails he's received from analysts questioning the rationale behind a Twitter deal.
Salesforce stock dropped as much as 8% Wednesday after it was reported that Benioff was seriously considering a Twitter acquisition. Twitter stock plunged almost 10% in after hours after it was reported that Google was not interested in buying the company.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons