See the resume that helped a college student land internship offers from Google, Facebook, Apple, and Goldman Sachs
What do recruiters see when they look at your résumé?
As Business Insider previously reported, eye-tracking technology indicates that recruiters spend only six seconds making their initial judgment.
So you want to make sure you get it right.
Jessica Pointing, a Harvard junior who won internship offers from companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, McKinsey, Bain, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley, previously told Business Insider how to make your résumé error-free and all-around stellar.
Here are some of her ideas for how to take your résumé to the next level.
- Be specific: "Include how you impacted the company or organization you worked for," Pointing says. "This is important because many people only describe their past jobs. What's more important is demonstrating how you contributed to that job."
- Throw around numbers: "It's important to quantify your achievements when possible," she says. "For example, if you saved the company $10,000, include that number instead of saying, 'I was an exceptional employee.' Including something tangible, concrete, and quantifiable really helps."
- Use action verbs: "For example, instead of saying 'I made a new program that increased conversion rate,' you should say 'Initiated a new program that increased conversation rate by 20%,'" Pointing says.
Pointing, who posts career advice on her website, the Optimize Guide, shared her own résumé with Business Insider. Here's a generalized version of her CV that impressed some of the biggest companies in tech, finance, and consulting.
If you're looking for some more résumé tips, check out:
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Threats to Mukesh Ambani's family: one held from Bihar
- UK Home Secretary Suella Braverman objects to increasing visas for Indians
- Upcoming electric cars in India in 2022 - check the expected price and range here
- More than half of Bitcoin volume on crypto exchanges fake: Report
- 12,000 Facebook employees, 15% of its workforce, may lose jobs amid 'quiet layoffs': Report
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World