THE AFFILIATE MARKETING REPORT: How mainstream publishers are turning performance-based marketing into a 'fine art'
In a new report from BI Intelligence, we examine the changing face of affiliate marketing and take a close look at the key players. We also outline growth opportunities for affiliate marketing and how we see this industry developing.Here are some of the key takeaways:Advertisement
- Mainstream media publishers are helping legitimize affiliate marketing. In an effort to balance editorial integrity and revenue needs, publishers are taking a more native approach to affiliate marketing by embedding product links within organic content.
- Overall, publishers still generate the bulk of their revenue from advertising, but affiliate marketing is growing faster, per our sources. Approximately 15% of the digital media industry's revenue now comes from affiliate marketing.
- Affiliate marketing now drives as many e-commerce orders in the US as email. Both channels currently account for 16% of US e-commerce orders, according to marketing firm Custora. This makes affiliate marketing one of the four largest sources of e-commerce orders, outperforming social commerce and display advertising.
- Even consumers who already have demonstrated purchase intent commonly visit multiple nonretail websites before completing a purchase on an e-commerce website or in a store. Nearly three-quarters (74%) of US shoppers say they visit two to three nonretail websites before completing a purchase, and 16% say they visit more than four websites, according to Rakuten and Forrester data.
In full, the report:
- Defines modern-day affiliate marketing.
- Maps out the entire affiliate marketing ecosystem.
- Lists the types of metrics a retailer rewards affiliates for.
- Examines the impact of affiliate marketing on e-commerce growth.
- Projects growth opportunities in performance-based marketing.
Interested in getting the full report? Here are two ways to access it:
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. >> Purchase & Download Now
- Subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and over 100 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. >> Learn More Now
Our BI Intelligence INSIDER Newsletters are currently read by thousands of business professionals first thing every morning. Fortune 1000 companies, startups, digital agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates rely on these newsletters to keep atop the key trends shaping their digital landscape - whether it is mobile, digital media, e-commerce, payments, or the Internet of Things.
Our subscribers consider the INSIDER Newsletters a "daily must-read industry snapshot" and "the edge needed to succeed personally and professionally" - just to pick a few highlights from our recent customer survey.With our full money-back guarantee, we make it easy to find out for yourself how valuable the daily insights are for your business and career. Click this link to learn all about the INSIDER Newsletters today.Advertisement
NOW WATCH: Clever ways to reuse your old iPod
- MakeMyTrip fires 350 employees as company looks for ways to sustain during the Covid19 pandemic
- America's painful past is still present: Apple CEO on Floyd death
- India registers biggest single-day spike of 8,392 COVID-19 cases; total rises to 1,90,535: Govt
- Houseparty’s Quentin Staes-Polet tells us why India is among its top 10 markets
- Sensex rallies over 900 pts in opening session; Nifty tops 9,800