Target's Massive Data Breach Originated With A Singe Phishing Email
The malware-laced email was sent to an employee of Fazio Mechanical, a Pennsylvania heating and air conditioning company that was doing business with Target, Krebs wrote, citing sources close to the investigation.
After gaining access to the employee's computer, the hackers could then enter Target's computer system, according to the report.
Fazio confirmed last week that it was "the victim of a sophisticated cyber attack operation."
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- Google may release Pixel Tablet Pro with Tensor G2 chip
- BMW launches its 3rd gen BMW X1 in India
- YouTube Music on the web gets mood filters
- Premium segment contributed 35% of overall smartphone market revenue in 2022
- US industry urges FM to rationalise, simplify direct and indirect taxes in India