Target's Massive Data Breach Originated With A Singe Phishing Email
The massive data breach at Target that affected up to 110 million shoppers has been traced back to a single phishing email, security blogger Brian Krebs is reporting.
The malware-laced email was sent to an employee of Fazio Mechanical, a Pennsylvania heating and air conditioning company that was doing business with Target, Krebs wrote, citing sources close to the investigation.After gaining access to the employee's computer, the hackers could then enter Target's computer system, according to the report. Advertisement
Fazio confirmed last week that it was "the victim of a sophisticated cyber attack operation."
- India allows overseas citizens to return via international flights - Here’s all you need to know
- Best monitors for a seamless work and entertainment experience at home
- To resonate with consumers, brands need to cater to the growing need of hygiene and holistic well-being: Mark Leadercramer, Mintel
- WhatsApp to soon allow its users to sync their chat history on atleast 4 devices
- Karnataka SSLC class 10 exam Result 2020 to be announced today at 3pm