The 10 most popular programming languages, according to the 'Facebook for programmers'
Thousands of programming languages exist, but there are some trusty ones that developers turn to again and again.
GitHub, the startup at the center of open-source software development, tracks these programming trends. After all, it's a hub for software projects that developers can browse and contribute to with over 3.1 million developers and 2.1 million organizations. Its annual Octoverse report has top insights on the the inner goings-on in the world of software developers.
GitHub is about to be acquired by Microsoft for $7.5 billion, and it's quickly growing. There were 8 million new users on the platform this past year - that's more than in GitHub's first six years combined. And it's growing quickly globally, especially in countries like China, India, Singapore, Nigeria, Brazil, and more.
Here are the top languages they're using, according to GitHub:
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data
- Bharti Airtel’s cash flows will grow for 2 years after 5G spectrum purchases too: Moody’s