The 25 countries around the world where same-sex marriage is legal
Antoine Antoniol/Getty Images
2017 has been a big year for LGBTQI rights.
In a nation-wide postal poll, 61.6% of Australian voters said they were in favor of same-sex marriage, ensuring the federal government will try to pass a marriage equality bill before the end of the year.
Yet while demand continues to grow for LGBTQI rights, there are currently only 25 countries that allow same-sex couples to marry.
Here's the full list:
- A college is removing its vending machines after a student discovered they were using facial-recognition technology
- 11 states pay more in federal taxes than they get back - here's how every state fares
- Steve Jobs once said the best managers are 'individual contributors' who aren't interested in managing people
- DGCA fines Air India ₹30 lakh after elderly passenger's death at Mumbai airport
- Oppo F25 Pro with a 32MP selfie camera launched starting at ₹23,999
- JG Chemicals' ₹251-crore IPO to open on March 5, price band at ₹210-221/sh
- Once in a leaping blue moon: Leap day babies don birthday hats after four-year wait
- Man can't be held guilty for abetment of wife's suicide unless cogent evidence exists: SC