The 25 countries around the world where same-sex marriage is legal
Antoine Antoniol/Getty Images
2017 has been a big year for LGBTQI rights.
Both Malta and Germany legalized same-sex marriage and, this week, Australia made big strides towards doing so as well.
In a nation-wide postal poll, 61.6% of Australian voters said they were in favor of same-sex marriage, ensuring the federal government will try to pass a marriage equality bill before the end of the year.
Yet while demand continues to grow for LGBTQI rights, there are currently only 25 countries that allow same-sex couples to marry.
Here's the full list:
Popular on BI
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report