The 31 happiest, richest, healthiest, and safest countries in the world
The amount of money a country has is one factor of prosperity, but the Legatum Institute considers more than that in its ranking.
The organisation compares 89 variables to come up with its list. These variables include traditional indicators like per-capita gross domestic product and the number of people in full-time work, but also more interesting figures such as the number of secure internet servers a country has and how well-rested people feel on a day-to-day basis.
The variables are then split into eight sub-indexes: economy, entrepreneurship and opportunity, governance, education, health, safety and security, personal freedom, and social capital.
The index looked at the 142 countries in the world that have the most available data. Here are the top performing nations.
- Reliance Industries' net profit crosses ₹15,000 crore in September quarter
- Reliance Retail's revenue has fallen short of its own record by ₹2,000 crore
- Reliance confirms JioPhone Next will be launched in time for Diwali
- SEBI approves Paytm’s $2.2 billion IPO, company explores November listing
- Indian Broadcasting & Digital Foundation re-elects K Madhavan as its President