The NBA playoff field shows just how important 3-point shooting has become
During the 1984-85 season, in the heart of the Larry Bird and Magic Johnson era, NBA teams averaged 3.1 3-point shots per game and made less than one per game (0.9). Thirty years later things are a lot different and there is no sign of it slowing down.
View all Offers
This season, teams made a whopping 7.8 3-pointers on 22.4 attempts per game. More importantly, as Jason McIntyre of TheBigLead.com pointed out, teams that were better at shooting threes this season were much more likely to make the playoffs.
Of the top 14 teams in 3-point FG%, 13 made the playoffs and the 14th team, the Indiana Pacers, was eliminated on the final day of the season. On top of that, of the three teams to make the playoffs that were not among the top 14 3-point shooting teams, two (Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics) had losing records in the weak Eastern Conference.
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover