'The Simpsons' predicted that Disney would buy Fox 19 years ago - and it's not the only time it has accurately predicted the future
The deal also means that "The Simpsons" will be owned by Disney. That should make your head spin a little.
But this isn't the only time that "The Simpsons" has managed to wow us with its ability to predict the future.
"The Simpsons" has been running for over 27 years, so it's inevitable that some themes that crop up in the show might occur in real life. But some of the plotlines are eerily close to events that have happened throughout the world.
We've listed some of the strangest predictions the cartoon's writers have made since the show's launch in 1989.
From Homer discovering the Higgs boson to the writers envisioning that Donald Trump would one day become US president.
Here are 16 times "The Simpsons" predicted the future:
Edith Hancock contributed to an earlier version of this post.
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life