The Story Of How Hans Zimmer Wrote The 'Interstellar' Theme Will Give You Chills
"Chris said to me, in his casual way. 'So, Hans, if I wrote one page of something, didn't tell you what it was about, just give you one page, would you give me one day of work?'" Zimmer told Shone. "'Whatever you came up with on that one day would be fine.'"Zimmer agreed and then one day received a one-page typewritten letter. Per Shone:
Zimmer spent a day composing the theme and then showed it to Nolan, and Nolan loved it. It was only then that Nolan revealed what kind of movie he had in mind. As Zimmer told Shone:"I asked him, 'Well, yes, but what is the movie?' And he started describing this huge, epic tale of space and science and humanity, on this epic scale. I'm going, 'Chris, hang on, I've just written this highly personal thing, you know?' He goes, 'Yes, but I now know where the heart of the movie is'. Everything about this movie was personal.'"
Read more from this excellent profile of Nolan, featuring comments from Zimmer, Michael Caine, Zack Snyder, Quentin Tarantino and more, at The Guardian »
Also check out the "Interstellar" preview, which features some of Zimmer's music along with little more than the spare plot details Nolan originally gave Zimmer:Nolan said of the soundtrack," I believe that Hans score for Interstellar has the tightest bond between music and image that we've yet achieved."
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official