The best conditioners for curly hair
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Conditioner is one of the most important - if not the most important - part of a curly hair care routine. It moisturizes dry curls and cuts down on frizz.
- DevaCurl One Condition is a nourishing olive oil-infused formula that hydrates curls without weighing them down.
A good conditioner is useful for most hair types, but absolutely essential for curls. All varieties, from loose waves to coarse coils, can benefit from the nourishing effects of conditioner. Textured hair requires more moisture to retain a defined shape and cut down on frizz.
I've tried many conditioners over my 27 years of having a head, and have found that the ones specifically formulated for curls tend to perform better for me. Tempting as it is to use any old combination shampoo/conditioner hybrid, you'll be happier if you pay more attention the ingredients.
Not all curl conditioners are created equal. My hair is quite curly, but also pretty fine. It tends to frizz easily and fall flat when it hasn't been properly cared for. I gravitate toward moisturizing, but not heavy formulas. Someone with very dry, thick hair should look for a deep conditioner to give strands a heavy dose of hydration and definition.
Here are the best conditioners for curly hair in 2019:
- Best conditioner for curly hair overall: DevaCurl One Condition
- Best conditioner for color-treated hair: Unwash Bio-Cleansing Conditioner
- Best drugstore conditioner: Kristin Ess Frizz Management Cleansing Conditioner
- Best lightweight conditioner: DevaCurl Delight Weightless Waves Conditioner
- Best deep conditioner: Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.
The best conditioner for curly hair overall
The best color-treated hair
The best drugstore conditioner
The best lightweight conditioner
The best deep conditioner
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- Revenge spending effect: Household savings dip to 5 -year low
- With no signs yet of inflation cooling, experts predict more rate hikes
- Covid hit mental health of kids, young people harder than thought
- Smog envelops Delhi, AQI remains in 'very poor' category
- Egypt president to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
- Tata Aviation
- Visa Platinum Prepaid Card
- Interest Rate on Deposits
- Uniparts IPO
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Asus new Desktop
- Sandhya Devanathans
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Small Cap Companies
- India Pharma
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World