The most ridiculous law in every state
We've all heard urban legends and rumors about absurd laws in America, but you can't believe everything you read on the internet.
Sites like dumblaws.com - which rarely link to states' current statutes or may misinterpret them - only perpetuate the myths. Yes, it's illegal for a drunk person to enter a bar in Alaska. No, a woman's hair does not legally belong to her husband in Michigan. The list goes on.
We decided to undertake some legal legwork and identify the strangest statute still on the books in each state. You might find you're guilty of one or two violations.
A previous version of this article was co-authored by Christina Sterbenz.
- Best sandwich makers in India
- Orange alerts issued to 3 states by the weather department – what does it mean?
- Best moisturizer for face in India for daily use
- You can pre-book iPhone 14 even before its launch, only if you are willing to pay $9,520 for it
- Twitter seeks judicial review against new content blocking directives from the IT Ministry