The most ridiculous law in every state
We've all heard urban legends and rumors about absurd laws in America, but you can't believe everything you read on the internet.
Sites like dumblaws.com - which rarely link to states' current statutes or may misinterpret them - only perpetuate the myths. Yes, it's illegal for a drunk person to enter a bar in Alaska. No, a woman's hair does not legally belong to her husband in Michigan. The list goes on.
We decided to undertake some legal legwork and identify the strangest statute still on the books in each state. You might find you're guilty of one or two violations.
A previous version of this article was co-authored by Christina Sterbenz.
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity