The only chart you need to see to know that the US spends more on its military than the next 11 countries combined
In 2015, the US had a defense budget of about $597 billion, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies' most recent World Military Balance report, released earlier this year.
In short, that's more than the next 11 countries combined.
The following graphic from the institute helps put things in perspective:
World Military Balance 2016
Even China's reported budget of $146 billion - good for second-highest in the world - looks modest next to that of the US.
It's safe to say the incredible funding the Pentagon receives is the driving force behind America's military strength.
- A boomer moved back to Virginia after living in Florida for a decade. She says she'll 'never own another home' in the Sunshine State and loves the slower pace of life.
- Satellite images reveal Egypt has been quietly building a 16-foot wall on its border with Gaza
- Congressman presses Elon Musk to provide SpaceX satellite services for US defense forces in Taiwan, report says
- The importance of multi-asset investing
- AirAsia looks to add tier-2 and tier -3 cities to its India route map
- Most Internet users avail of OTT services; 53% of them from rural areas: Report
- Companies to dole out 10% average salary hike this year, says survey
- Godrej Appliances expects 20% growth in AC, refrigerator sales in summer season