This Is The Gas Pipeline Map That Shows Why The Crisis In Ukraine Affects All Of Europe
If you question the strategic location of Ukraine, check out this map that Agence France-Presse made last in December - two months before protesters in Kiev forced President Viktor Yanukovych out of office.
As the international tug-of-war for Ukraine continues, the tension involving economic relations in the region - especially regarding gas flow from Russia to both Ukraine and Europe - will increase.
One example of this tension is described by Noah Barkin of Reuters: "Heavily dependent on Russian gas and closer to Moscow than any other leading western nation, Germany faces a major policy dilemma as the Ukraine crisis descends into a Cold War-style confrontation of tit-for-tat threats and ultimatums."
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Watch a raven take out a Google drone mid-air as the tech giant is forced to ground its home delivery service due to bird attacks
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB
- The Amazon bribery case in India is getting murkier and the lack of transparency is not helping