This Is The Gas Pipeline Map That Shows Why The Crisis In Ukraine Affects All Of Europe
If you question the strategic location of Ukraine, check out this map that Agence France-Presse made last in December - two months before protesters in Kiev forced President Viktor Yanukovych out of office.
As the international tug-of-war for Ukraine continues, the tension involving economic relations in the region - especially regarding gas flow from Russia to both Ukraine and Europe - will increase.
One example of this tension is described by Noah Barkin of Reuters: "Heavily dependent on Russian gas and closer to Moscow than any other leading western nation, Germany faces a major policy dilemma as the Ukraine crisis descends into a Cold War-style confrontation of tit-for-tat threats and ultimatums."
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals