This chart shows exactly how insane Airbnb's growth has been over the past 5 years
But now a new report by Airbnb shows just how insane the growth since 2010 has actually been. In the summer of 2010, about 47,000 people stayed with an Airbnb host. Compare that to this summer, which saw almost 17 million people stay at an Airbnb.
According to the report, August 8 was the biggest night in Airbnb history, with almost one million guests staying worldwide.
Not too shabby considering that in 2008, Airbnb's founders were turned down by all 7 Silicon Valley investors they were trying to raise just $150,000 from at a $1.5 million valuation.
Airbnb also shared some facts about some of its more exotic accommodations. This summer, more than 10,000 people stayed in Airbnb tree houses, over 12,000 stayed in yurts, and almost 13,000 stayed in castles.
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details
- AWS appears to be down, and it's taken popular services like Ring smart-home systems, Netflix, and Disney+ with it
- Mukesh Ambani calls for 5G roll out in India, asks it to be national priority
- These are the likely changes in digital payments as indicated by the RBI governor
- Inside Gaana’s success story: Sandeep Lodha on the platform’s journey so far and what the future holds
- Messenger chief Stan Chudnovsky to depart from Meta next year
- Users spend $133 billion on apps as Apple’s App Store continues to lead revenue shares