This is how Western Digital is solving one of the most important barriers to Digital India initiative
“With the implementation of
My Cloud can help you clean up and organize your digital mess. With up to 8 TB of storage, no matter how many photos you take, videos you make and files you create, you can keep it coming.
The cloud solution will also solve the first pillar of the initiative- broadband/ connectivity.
“We are in discussions about how individual loads of cloud can be created, be it at panchayat level or district level. We are at the starting phase on internet connectivity and broadband. So, we need to have local access. We need to provide local connectivity to people,” he said.
He added that as data crunching will occur, it will drive localised command centres and hence WD is also setting up data centres in the country.
Even after almost a year, the main challenge remains the infrastructure which we all know is the basis of the digital India, said Saifuddin.
“Until and unless we have the broadband in place, increase IT literacy up and make the citizens smart, it will remain as a challenge. Hence we are investing heavily in educating them,” he concluded.
(Image credits: thehamtramckreview)
Popular on BI
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- 86-year-old removes ‘retirement’ from his dictionary to become a startup founder
- Two Indian-born mathematicians US, Canada get Padma awards
- Equal-weight index: For diversified investments with low volatility
- I wish we move ahead unitedly, PM Modi extends greetings on country's 74th Republic Day
- R-Day: Traffic islands, roundabouts in Lutyens' Delhi decked up with artistic floral designs