This is the woman that convinced Marc Benioff to guarantee equal pay for women at Salesforce
Two of his top ranking women executives asked him to do it.
He publicly thanked one of them in particular by name, Leyla Seka, senior vice president and GM of the Desk.com business unit, saying in a tweet that she "inspired" him.
"I was actually one of the first people in the '[Women] Surge' when Marc started that program focusing on finding high-potential women in the organization," she said.Monika Fahlbusch, moved to BMC Software about five months ago).
The "Woman Surge" program came about after Benioff read Sheryl Sandberg's book "Lean In," he has said. It involves mandates to make sure that women are being considered for open positions and never subtly pushed out once hired, such as mandating that all meetings include at least 30% women.
Seka and Robbins were talking about how to take "the 'Surge' idea to the next level and decided to work on the pay-gap issue.
Women make, on average, 78 percent of men's earnings, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. In 2014, women with advanced degrees earned only 73 percent of men's earnings with the same education.
Business Insider/Julie Bort
Benioff told Emily Peck at the Huffington Post that he's already given some women raises and expects to give out more.
Don't be surprised if one day this turns into either another Salesforce human resources product, or another Salesforce charity program, or both.
The team is using its own new analytics tool, Wave, to examine the salary data and to discover what the influencers on pay are, she told us. This may eventually become a model that could be useful to others.
- Monkeypox doesn't spread easily via air like COVID-19, says US Centres for Disease Control
- The most valuable credit cardholders are not from HDFC, SBI, Citi or other major credit card companies
- Zuckerberg's Meta partners with Kalaari Capital to upskill young startups in India
- Elon Musk attacks Bill Gates after report reveals Gates Foundation spent millions attacking Musk's Twitter acquisition
- Three credit card mistakes to avoid to maintain good CIBIL scores, and avoid too much interest
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Venus Pipes Tubes IPO
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction