This world map shows which countries hold the most powerful passports
If you have citizenship in Denmark, you have a great deal of traveling power - Danes can fly to 157 countries without ever showing a visa. This makes international travel cheaper and easier than it is for citizens of many other countries, like those of Pakistan, who can enter just 25 countries without a visa.
These stark differences are revealed in the Passport Index, which ranks countries based on the number of nations where residents can go without purchasing a visa in advance or on arrival. The global financial advisory firm Arton Capital compiled government data from 193 countries and six territories to create the 2017 ranking.
The map below shows the power of every passport in the world, while the chart reveals the countries with the greatest traveling power on each continent.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Finland is offering free vacations for people to come and learn how to be happy after being named the happiest country in the world
- Torrent Investments not to participate in 2nd auction for Reliance Capital; Hinduja sole bidder
- Climate change threatening tea sector globally: ITA
- Over 23,000 techies lose jobs in nearly 82 Indian startups to date
- Scientists create car parts from lemons, corn, almonds and pomegranates that are better than traditional parts
- Cabinet clears dearness allowance hike by 4%