This world map shows which countries hold the most powerful passports
If you have citizenship in Denmark, you have a great deal of traveling power - Danes can fly to 157 countries without ever showing a visa. This makes international travel cheaper and easier than it is for citizens of many other countries, like those of Pakistan, who can enter just 25 countries without a visa.
These stark differences are revealed in the Passport Index, which ranks countries based on the number of nations where residents can go without purchasing a visa in advance or on arrival. The global financial advisory firm Arton Capital compiled government data from 193 countries and six territories to create the 2017 ranking.
The map below shows the power of every passport in the world, while the chart reveals the countries with the greatest traveling power on each continent.
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- Towards sustainable practice: NZC announces milestone agreement of equal compensation payment for men and women cricketers
- Sona Mohapatra directs tweet to Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal; addresses sexism in his alma mater
- In UP's Gudsar, people who can't afford to buy water have to drink smelly, polluted and rotten water
- Natural farming, a sole solution for troubling agriculture: Himachal Secretary
- EV manufacturers Ola Electric, Okinawa under fire, Centre sends show cause notice