Traveling the world and yet earning money: Read the fascinating story of this Indian blogger
AdvertisementUnlike us, she has no home. For each one of you reading this thrilling story of
“Three years ago, I gave up my home, sold most of my stuff and embraced a nomadic way of life. This journey has taken me as far within as with my feet,” that’s what
Also read: The richest bloggers in India
Just like you go to office every day, Shivya was just like us. From having a 9-5 job, a handsome pay package and a lot of stories stored within. She chose the last one to live with. We take ages to make a plan to meet over coffee on a lazy winter Sunday, but Shivya goes to Guatemala, Romania or a village in Goa when she feels bored.
In 2011, “I had begun resenting my 9-to-5 routine and cubicle-bound life. I told myself that if I don't take the plunge now to experiment with a different way of life, I might never do it.”
Less than half a year later, she had enough to travel in India and set out for her first destination: Spiti. Six years later, Shivya is still on the road, documenting her adventures on her blog, The Shooting Star and her Instagram.
Shivya spoke to Business Insider about what her non-traditional life looks like, the reality of working on the road, and how she affords it.
Popular on BI
- Air India passengers stranded in Siberia for 2 days were abandoned by the crew, had to sleep on the floor, and were only given bread and rice, relative says
- Foreign investors have been dumping vast amounts of Chinese assets, and putting money there will only get riskier
- Trump acted like 'the Godfather if it was reenacted by a 5-year-old' to try to keep his hands clean in Mar-a-Lago case: experts
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Srinagar
- List of famous things to buy in Munnar
- Ads that sailed into the eye of a controversy
- India tops world ranking in digital payments, records 89.5 million transactions in 2022: MyGovIndia
- Will regulate AI and ensure it doesn't harm digital citizens: Rajeev Chandrasekhar