Wall street analyst predicts iPhone 8 will start at $870 and could cost as much as $1,070
Milunovich also forecasts that the redesigned iPhone, which is rumored to feature a glass case, wireless charging, and an edge-to-edge screen, will make up 45% of sales next year. Many believe Apple is preparing two updated models of the current iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in addition to the redesigned iPhone 8.Last week, I was speaking to a representative of one of Apple's suppliers, and she said one of the big questions they're facing in terms of their business is what percentage of this year's iPhones will be redesigned, and they don't have any specific inside knowledge on that point.
It's important to realize that the marketing and thought process pertaining to any iPhone pricing change is almost certainly one of Apple's most closely guarded secrets - and it's not information that Apple's partners would have any inside knowledge about.Wall Street analysts don't necessarily have any specific insight on the discussions going on inside Cupertino on Apple's pricing strategy, but they can make educated projections based on what the parts Apple is buying cost and previous years' pricing. "Assuming that the OLED model constitutes 45% of sales, we estimate the [iPhone average selling price] could be $730 ($783 bull, $664 bear)," Milunovich wrote.
UBS rates Apple as a "buy" and increased its price target to $170 from $165.
- Portable multi-purpose laptop table
- Sikkim assembly passes budget for 2021-22
- The digital economy will thrive on customer connections and empowerment, says Adobe India's Nitin Singhal
- YES Bank launches a new musical logo to build a deeper connect with customers
- COVID-19: Students should leave hostels in Bengaluru if their institutions declare a holiday, says BBMP