Your Goa trip itinerary must have - Salaulim dam
AdvertisementSo the year end is here. And what better than Goa to party hard! But this time, make it a point to stay sober on one of the days and pay a visit to
Precisely, Salaulim dam is a spectacle of modern engineering, according to
The duckbill shaped Dam makes the excessive water of the connected rivers drop down to 140 feet. During heavy rains, people gather around it to see the dramatic force that brings water to the dam. You won’t be allowed to reach the edges of the dam. But fret not! As the water gets into the duckbill area, it will drench everyone standing nearby, such a marvel is Indian science.
While there is local transport from Goa till Sanguem, we suggest you to take a cab or a self driven car. The road leading to this paradise is picturesque and tranquil. While photography at the dam is prohibited, you can make it up with the magnificent view of the road. The terrain being a bit rough, special caution is recommended.
The best season for this place is obviously monsoon. But the retreating monsoon of winter also calls for the special fiesta at Salaulim dam. Even if the weather remains sunny, there is no harm in visiting the dam. For admit the fact, too much of sea and shots get boring, sometime.
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- BMW India unveils all-new sports car M2 at ₹98 lakh
- Zomato takes down ad depicting 'Lagaan' character Kachra as recycled waste items
- After Twitterati scream foul about pesky calls, RBI says 'will look into it'
- Hiring in India slowed down by 7% in May: Foundit report
- A complete itinerary for your 3 days in Coorg