A 7-year-old girl asked Google for a job - and got a personal response from CEO Sundar Pichai
Chloe Bridgewater, who lives in Hereford, UK, has a little more drive than your average seven-year-old.
Fascinated by her Kindle Fire tablet and robots, and totally taken by the idea of working somewhere with bean bag chairs, go-karts, and slides, Chloe decided to apply to Google for a job.
Here is Chloe's letter, shared to Business Insider by her father, Andy:
Super cute, right? Well, imagine her surprise and delight when she got a letter back from the CEO of Google himself, Sundar Pichai, who encouraged her to follow her dreams, adding "I look forward to receiving your job application when you are finished with school! :)"
Take a look at the letter, shared in a viral LinkedIn post by Chloe's father Andy Bridgewater earlier this week:
Business Insider has confirmed the veracity of the letter.
In that LinkedIn post, Andy Bridgewater writes that it's a much-needed confidence booster for Chloe, who was "knocked down" by a car years ago.
"And I said, 'oh, Google would be a nice place to work," owing to their world-famous perks and all of the cutting-edge work they do, he says. And so, when Chloe decided she wanted to work there too, her father encouraged her to apply and "get the ball rolling," he says.
Now, with all the attention garnered from Pichai's personal response, it's only redoubled Chloe's drive to work for Google. Bridgewater says that his daughter now wants to go on TV and talk to the media and use that to find some way in to the Silicon Valley-based search company.
He's largely resisted, wanting her to focus on her studies and develop her skills. Except now, the elder Bridgewater wants to brush up on his own technological skills to catch up with Chloe.
"Sadly, I think I've got to up my game," Bridgewater says.
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Tax implications on income of a minor – What every parent should know
- Top 10 foods that aid in lowering cholesterol
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- From hospitality to financial services – Top 10 industries for new startups in India
- The best apps and games of 2023, as per Apple